This past year was one for the record books—records we do not want to experience again. As the Fed aggressively raised interest rates to combat inflation, there were few safe havens outside of cash and energy stocks. While stocks had a miserable year, bonds fared even worse leading to the most challenging year for U.S. stocks and bonds since 1932 and the lowest return for diversified portfolios since 2008.
As we begin 2023, I am reminded your financial future is our mission. While we cannot control the markets, inflation, geopolitics, and the Fed, we can control our mission to deliver a positive experience across your full financial life. We are fiduciaries first and are driven by your needs and aspirations through high quality engagement and the thinking you deserve. We want to be your first phone call for any financial matter. If you ever have constructive feedback on how we can better serve you, no matter how small, please let us know.
As we completed our fifteenth year in business, I am pleased to share some important achievements in 2022 as we continue to invest in our people and business to provide better value to you. Despite challenging markets, Edge’s assets under management increased to a record level and total client assets under advisement grew to over $7 billion. Forbes recognized Edge as one of the Top 100 RIAs in 2022 (#34 overall) and six of Edge’s senior financial advisors were recognized in the Forbes Best-In-State Wealth Advisor and Top Women Wealth Advisor lists.[i] These prestigious rankings include metrics beyond size, such as quality, sustainability, depth of services, and experience.
We broadened our team, attracting new talent (including three Division 1 athletes) and promoting high performing team members across the firm.
- Brad Parsons joined the Edge Dallas office as a Managing Director and Senior Financial Advisor after 13 years as a Private Wealth Advisor at Goldman Sachs.
- Kevin Vogel, CFP is the newest member of our Financial Planning team, joining our Atlanta office as a Vice President with deep expertise in tax planning for corporate executives.
- Ellis Davis joined us from Wells Fargo Private Bank as a Vice President and Portfolio Manager in the Atlanta office.
- Shelby Potz-Nielsen, CFP joined the Edge Dallas office as a Vice President, with a dual role as Client Specialist and Portfolio manager, after 9 years at UBS as a Wealth Strategy Associate.
- Jake Baker is the newest member of our Analyst team in Dallas and is currently pursuing Level 3 of the CFA designation.
- Jake Munns, a former Edge intern, is the newest member of our Analyst team in Atlanta supporting operations and fixed income portfolio management.
- Amy Tierney, CFP was promoted to Managing Director. Amy joined us two years ago as Director of Operations and is a key member of our management team.
- Neal Deaton, CFP was promoted to Managing Director. Neal has a rare combination of in-depth experience in security analysis, portfolio management, and financial planning.
- Nicole Pichon, FPQP was promoted to Client Services Team Manager in addition to her role as Community Engagement Champion.
- Nanny McFadden, AAMS was promoted to Reporting and Investment Operations Team Manager.
Edge’s commitment to our communities never wavered throughout the volatility and uncertainty of 2022. In addition to our second year of community engagement (EDGE…ing Toward a Brighter Future) with Wealthy Habits and various YMCA’s in our local markets, Edge finished the year volunteering for Helping Mamas in Atlanta.
We are honored by the trust placed in us and appreciate your relationship. Thank you for your continued support and please keep Edge in mind when you believe our service would benefit others. Our greatest referral sources come from you!
 Forbes/SHOOK RESEARCH, and covers the period Jan. 1 – Dec. 31, 2021.
SHOOK is completely independent and objective, and does not receive compensation in exchange for placement on its rankings. As the world’s only advisor research firm in the world with a specialty in quality. SHOOK performs deep due diligence as the basis for its rankings. For more information on SHOOK’s methodology, visit https://www.forbes.com/sites/rjshook/2022/10/25/methodology-americas-top-ria-firms-2022/?sh=7190ad3817d9.